The Idaho Teen Reading Challenge is a chance for schools and public libraries to challenge teens to read books outside of their comfort zone.
During the months of October – April, teens are challenged to read 8 books from the following 10 categories:
- Award Nominee: a book nominated for an award
- Book to Movie: a book that has been made into a movie
- Book with a Red Cover: book cover is red (or mostly red)
- Free Choice: read whatever you want!
- From a Library Display: a book from a physical or digital display at the library
- IBOB Title: from this year’s Idaho Battle of the Books selections
- Not a Novel: nonfiction, poetry, book of short stories, etc.
- Published in the Last Five Years: published in 2017 or later
- Recommended by a Mentor: read a book recommended by a librarian, teacher, parent, or another mentor
- Saw it on BookTok: read a book you saw on TikTok
Register at the Mountain Home Public library to participate in the reading challenge. When you register, you will receive a tracking form, bookmark, reading journal, book tote, and a pin. Check in at the library occasionally to receive a new pin for each category that you complete. When they have completed the entire challenge, turn in your tracking sheet to the front desk to be entered into a chance to win a fun gift basket.